How to remove a stain of urine on a mattress?
Children and animals can of course accidentally escape on the mattresses thus causing pee stains. Unfortunately, this urine will stain the mattress while leaving him with bad smells, hence the importance of thoroughly cleaning the whole.
Useful Sharing offers you today his best tips, home remedies and products to clean a mattress with pee . Good reading!
Tips for cleaning a mattress with pee:
Summary of tips:
- 1. Clean urine on a mattress with Avel Stain Remover
- 2. Remove the pee on a mattress with baking soda
- 3. Borax to clean urine on a mattress
- 4. Detach a urine mattress with hydrogen peroxide
- 5. How to remove the smell of urine on a mattress?
- 6. Stain remover for mattress
- 7. White vinegar as anti stain
- 8. Ammonia and urine stain
1. Clean urine on a mattress with Avel Stain Remover.
Do you know the earth of sommières, this natural product based on clay powder? It is a very popular stain remover to clean a multitude of stains including urine stains on a mattress for example. In addition to cleaning the bedding earth helps eliminate odors such as the smell of pee.
- Sprinkle the powder on the urine stain.
- Leave for several hours.
- Rub with a brush and remove the powder with the vacuum cleaner.
- Repeat as needed to completely remove the stain.
Here is a land of stain romover very popular and appreciated by our visitors in search of stain and natural products. After several tests this natural product is really great to dry dry greasy and liquid stains.
2. Remove the pee on a mattress with baking soda
Another quick trick to remove a pimple spot on a mattress is the use of baking soda . This product is very useful for removing a multitude of stains and even for removing the bad smell of urine on a mattress or on a child’s clothes.
- Pour baking soda on the mattress.
- Leave on for a few hours.
- Rub with a brush the urine stain.
- Add again baking soda.
- Vacuum to finish the cleaning.
Baking soda is an effective natural product to absorb urine quickly. The urine stain should have completely disappeared from the mattress with this trick.
3. Borax to clean urine on a mattress
Have you noticed an old stain of dry urine on your child’s mattress? More difficult to remove, it is necessary to use a good product to successfully dislodge the spot dry pee.
Borax or if you prefer Borate Soda, this is the product you need to find and use to clean a mattress. A bit like baking soda and Avel Stain Remover. Borax is a stain remover that allows to thoroughly clean stains and especially eliminate odors.
So to remove the stain of dry urine on the mattress you must:
- Moisten the pee stain with a little water.
- Sprinkle the Borax generously on the stain.
- Rub and let borax work for a few minutes.
- Aspirate to finish cleaning the urine.
Here you are with a mattress without spot of pee and especially with a good smell!
4. Detach a urine mattress with hydrogen peroxide:
Another grandmother’s remedy for removing a mattress stained with urine is the use of hydrogen peroxide. This product is really great for cleaning child peeing spots on a mattress but also cat urine stains .
Hydrogen peroxide will be excellent for cleaning urine stains on your mattress. Hydrogen peroxide is also very good at removing the bad smell of pee that can stay in place after cleaning the mattress.
5. How to remove the smell of urine on a mattress?
If the real problem is the bad smell that emerges from your mattress because of a pee then why not use essential oils? A super simple trick to quickly remove the smell of pee on the mattress and even on the sheets.
While it is with the baking soda or with the earth of sommières it is enough to add some savors of essential oil of lavender. This good smell of lavender will quickly make that of urine disappear.
You can even drop and rub some essential oil directly on the mattress. After a few hours you can replace your mattress pad for a fresh and relaxing smell.
6. Stain remover for mattress
To quickly clean a stain of urine on a mattress or to leave other types of stubborn stains we offer below a homemade stain remover . For this house cleaner you need:
- 1/4 cup of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of sommières earth
- 1/4 cup of Marseille soap
- 1/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide
Mix all the ingredients and apply on the urine stain on the mattress. Can also be used to remove a stain of blood on a tissue or other stubborn stains. Do not forget to vacuum to remove all traces of this stain remover before putting the sheet back on the mattress.
You do not have Marseilles soap at home? Did you know that this natural product is very useful at home for both body care and home cleaning.
7. White vinegar as anti stain
As you may already know, white vinegar is a natural cleanser for the home and especially an inexpensive cleanser! Vinegar is especially effective at removing a dry pee stain on a mattress or even on bed sheets.
- Moisten the urine stain with the vinegar.
- Sprinkle a little baking soda.
- Leave on for 5 minutes and rub the stain.
- Clean and dry the mattress to finish.
In addition to cleaning the pee spot the vinegar helps eliminate bacteria and even the unpleasant smell of urine on the mattress.
8. Ammonia and urine stain
Another trick to remove urine stains but also other stubborn stains on a mattress is a mixture of water and ammonia, quite simply.
To do this, simply soak a cloth or a sponge of ammonia and rub the dry urine stain. Once again, you can also add either baking soda or sommier soil for very stubborn stains.
Ammonia is also very effective in removing blood stains, vomit or perspiration on a mattress. Do not forget to rinse well at the end to finish cleaning.