How to keep mice away from the house?
Mice, rodents that one would like to get rid of. The sound of their nibbles, the damage they cause, the shame of their presence in the house, all good reasons to make them flee away, far from home.
Some would opt for an exterminator, but other ways to fight mice, simple and effective exist such as grandmother tricks. Just find the right solution for you. Here are 10 anti-mice and natural repellent tricks to test.
10 Tips therefore offers the best natural mosquito repellents but also the best of the best products to hunt mice from the house.
- Trap to capture live mice
- Eucalyptus essential oil as a natural repellent
- Ultrasonic Respirator for Mouse Leakage
- Laurel leaves against mice
- Sticky trap to get rid of mice
- Hyacinth, Natural Mouse Repellent
- Electric trap to kill mice
- Bouquet of mint as a repellent mouse
- Raccoon to get rid of mice and rats
- Do not forget to plug the holes against the mice
- Steel wool as a repellent in the home
- Mouse repellent plants
- A cat to hunt mice and rats
1. Trap to Get Rid of Mice
If you already have a mouse problem at home and want to quickly chase them away from the dwelling so why not use a mouse trap? If you do not want to kill mice know that it is also possible to purchase a trap to capture live mice without hurting them.
2. Essence of eucalyptus, a good repellent against mice
Did you know that eucalyptus could make the mice escape? To do this you must:
- Soak eucalyptus essential oil a piece of cloth.
- Discard the fabric next to where the mice are.
- Replace the soaked fabric every day for a week.
- This should make the mice escape because they do not tolerate the odor emitted by the eucalyptus. An effective and inexpensive anti mouse hint to keep them away from home.
3. Mouse ultrasound device
- To end their invasion, use an ultrasound device against moles, mice and rats. This kind of device is effective in addition to being inaudible and harmless to humans. As you just read, this ultra sound device can be effective against other small rodents and small animals like moles and rats.
4. Laurel leaves as anti-mouse
Laurier leaves are also effective as a natural repellent against mice. Here’s how to use them:
- Recover leaf leaves.
- Moisten the leaves of Laurel by crushing them somewhat.
- Place the Laurier leaves on the usual paths of the mice.
This plant is a natural mosquito repellent really effective to keep away the little critters. Repeat a few times for good long-term results.
5. Glue board
How to use sticky plates to fight mice?
This sticky and sticky board has the principle of immobilizing the mice when they pass over the plate.
- Place the sticky plate where the mice are housed.
- Place the plate in a place easy to retrieve in order to catch the mouse.
- Avoid places that are too dusty as the glue may be less adhesive after a few days.
6. Hyacinth is a natural mosquito repellent
Hyacinth is also very effective in hunt mice from the house. Here’s how:
- Find the hiding place of the mice.
- Spray the various hiding places of hyacinth oil mice.
- Also use freshly cut hyacinth flowers to hunt mice.
As the hyacinth essential oil is expensive why not grow hyacinth in the garden and around the house to scare the mice naturally?
7. An electric mouse trap
For a quick and direct result, the anti-mouse electric trap is probably a good idea for people in a hurry. There are several models of electric traps to kill mice and rats.
8. Mint bouquets to scare away mice
Mint is another repellent plant against mice. Here’s how to use it to hunt mice:
- Put bouquets of mint on the passage of the mice.
- Grow mint in the garden as a natural mouse anti.
- Place a pot of fresh mint at different places in the house.
- Spray essential oil of peppermint on the passage of the mice.
The smell of fresh mint is strong enough to keep mice away from home and even your garden. Plus, mint is not lost, you can use a few leaves here and there for your cooking recipes.
9. Rats … Also, effective against mice
There are already known rat poisons to fight mice and keep rats away. They can easily be found in supermarkets, pet stores, or an exterminator.
10. Plug holes to keep mice away
The holes are the main entryway into a house for mice and other small critters. That’s why it’s so important to check the house and roof to find the holes.
Then, plug the holes that serve as entrance to your home. Plug the holes with concrete so that they can no longer gnaw them again. You can also use different special glues to caulk the holes in the house in order to add plaster for finishing.